Greg Horn wrote useful information in his book, Living Green: A Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability.
His five guidelines are important information about what to (and what not to) put on your skin:
- Don’t put it on your skin if you wouldn’t eat it.
- Don’t buy it if you can’t pronounce all the ingredients easily.
- Look for products made from natural oils, herbs, vitamins, and minerals.
- Read labels carefully and be aware that certain types of products tend to be worse than others. Your skin will absorb chemicals into your system that are in products ranging from soap to shampoo, moisturizers to hair dye, deodorant to sunscreen.
- Use the natural and/or hypoallergenic body products on the market, as many of them are made from natural clays, waxes, organic oils, essential oils, and herbs.
In the Spirit of Health,